Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'll Cry If I Want To/The Final Countdown PLUS Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg and Charlotte




(...some new additions to my polaroid set...)

Hello! Sorry to be a little M.I.A. this week. Sunday was my birthday and Monday I was exhausted from Sunday and then Tuesday I was out for the night - and phew! Here I am only a few hours away from Thursday! How does that happen??

So I got these lovely gifts from my main man and my New York bff which was so nice and they are both obviously very good at picking up my not-subtle-at-all hints about what I want for my birthday. G also organized a little friendly get-together which was so great because I am the worst planner ever but I really wanted to do something special...I feel really spoilt to have such loving people around me...mushy mushy...but it's true.

Anyhow - I spent most of my morning sneakily reading all I could about the beautiful Charlotte Gainsbourg and the equally beautiful Jane Birkin and sexy-rouge-type Serge Gainsbourg. Wow - what a family...!


(...image of Serge and Jane Birkin from here...)

(...image of Charlotte Gainsbourg from here...)

(...here are some more images of them in my flickr...)

Here is a video of Serge and Jane running around being in love with their famous duet Je T'aime... Moi Non Plus
playing in the background...

And here is a video of an interview with Charlotte about the release of her new album (and for good measure - here are all the other videos of her...)

Alright alright - and here is the scene from Antonioni's
1966 movie Blowup that made Jane Birkin famous - with the sex scenes cut-out bien sur - and here is another scene from the movie featuring a fashion shoot - the clothes are really amazing!!

I guess that's all for now folks...thanks for tuning in...!

No comments: