Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Julian Gatto, SANAA Houses and Jeana Sohn: What They Have in Common and Why It is Awesome PLUS Sede Looks Like A Great Magazine...





I really like this little installation by the artist Julian Gatto (it takes a few mintues to load - but wait! It is worth it...). I found out about him from this amazing looking magazine Sede...both things were so inspiring! I am really digging this kind of minimalist yet warm aesthetic...

I also see it in the work by the architects Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa
- I saw their book SANAA Houses in the Strand the other day after reading about it on the Bloesum blog under Grijs favorites list. I took a quick flip through it in the store and it looks so great! I am saving up my pennies so I can buy it next time I am there...

I think Jeana Sohn's photos have the same kind of feeling too...kind of empty but at the same time really vibrant and full of life...I think it's terrific!

No comments: