Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Howdy Y'all...

...getting ready to land in Stockholm...

...the Swedish kronor - they were really golden and chunky...

...two skyscrapers in our first room in Goteborg...

...creamy hot chocolate at Da Matteo coffeeshop...

...strange pruned trees along a shopping street...

...the front door of the gallery...

...sculptures at the Rohsska Museet...

...fancy Kartell store in Stockholm (they are the ones who produced this cool chair)...

...outside the Dramaten where Ingmar Bergman used to direct plays...

...our hotel breakfast!...

...looking out from the gallery window...

...one of P's paintings ready to be hung...

...the trees - reminding me of Camilla's drawings for some reason - maybe she has drawn them before??...

...some swans...

...walking through the Gamla Stan (old town)...

...in a shop window...

...so many futuristic strollers!...so many moms, dads and babies in general!...thank you amazing social welfare system (don't even get me started...)...

...so pretty numbers...

...so pretty ukuleles in pink, blue, red, green and orange. I really wanted one!...

...cute(!) poster in the record store...

...feet and some cobblestones...

...a window display at Svenskt Tenn...

...a very awesome mosiac on the street...

...some flowers in our room in London!...

...and some other nice things...

...a hair salon offering different braiding styles...

...plastic hanging baskets in the train station...


...the toilet that ate my camera and the last of my photos...


Hello! I am finally back and semi-in-action. The most "work" I have done in the last couple of weeks is upload and organize these few selects from my trip pictures. It always takes longer than I think. There are a few more here and more less-blog-worthy to follow later (hopefully tomorrow).

My time away was really great! The weather was a bit off and on, starting off pretty sunny and fresh in Sweden and then kind of ending in windy and rainy in London. Predictable I guess! One not so great thing that happened was that I dropped my camera in a toilet in London halfway through the trip so that put an end to my picture-taking for the rest of the holiday. What a bummer! I was seriously so sad. It is kind of working now but only in dark conditions (inside mostly) and there are little lines running though the photos. Sheesh. Oh well. I guess I will just have to do the best I can with it until I have a little spare cash-ola.

On the brighter side some trip highlights were: our cozy hotel room and free breakfast that was delivered to our room each morning, the lovely ladies at the galleries, the amazing coffee everywhere (and I am not even a coffee snob - it was just really good), sitting outside at a cafe under sheepskin and heatlamps, the Andy Warhol exhibition at the Moderna Museet, Svenskt Tenn, Cheap Monday jeans, meeting up with old friends and making some new ones, our wonderful hosts in London, the Peter Doig retrospective at the Tate (more pics of that to come in another post), Liberty department store, street markets and gallery go-seeing in East London, packed (heaving!) pubs in Shoreditch, and getting to see my mom and dad and other family I haven't seen in a long time....not to bad for one trip hey??

I won't bore you with any low points - mostly weather, a cold, and general weariness plus one overnight stay in the Stockholm airport and a two day journey back home. In any case, a lovely time overall and I am glad to be back...

Talk soon!

xo

No comments: