Sunday, April 6, 2008

Amanda Ross-Ho








Robin reminded me of the artist Amanda Ross-Ho shortly after I read an article about her in Modern Painters magazine. It is bascially impossible for me to not like this work as it is very feminine yet tom-boyish and includes a bunch of my favorite ideas - oversized objects, beautiful lace/lattice work patterns, snowflake cut-outs, the mundane and the beautiful hand-in-hand, unpretentious materials and presentation and I even found a piece with a giant xerox of fruit baskets which is so strange because I just wrote that down in my notebook yesterday as something I would like to try to make casts out of, or make some drawings of...weird.

Here are a bunch of links if you would like to investigate further:

...Here on the Saatchi Gallery website...
...Here at the 2008 Whitney Biennial...
...Here at the Cherry and Martin gallery...
...Here at Western Exhibitions...
...and here on the Art MoCo blog...

Hope you have a nice lazy Sunday. I wish it was as beautiful as yesterday...oh well - spring is always so up and down...!

No comments: