Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Vintage National Geographic


(...images from here...)

I love National Geographic magazine (see the first number 5. of my tag session...). The vintage ones the most. Something about that certain colour of the photographs from the 50ies, 60ies and 70ies - it makes all the photos look so beautiful! In terms of design I don't think it can be beat. Totally reductive, giving itself over to the essays and the photographs - the only place it splashes out is in that great yellow frame which is now such an icon. I don't know if anyone can ever it use it again because of that! I also like that additional decorative black and white frame on the older ones - it kind of balances out the shocking yellow.

Anyway. It's great and a real inspiration for me. Even the ads! Here and here are two good old ones. This is a cool collage made from old National Geos and lastly - using the magazine as decor - which is exactly what I am doing in my apartment right now. I will try to get a good photo to show of that later...


Hope your week is going okay - half way through it now already...!

No comments: