Friday, May 16, 2008

Rachel Whiteread




I really like this new work by Rachel Whiteread. I read about it in Art World Magazine, and because I am such a nerd and wanted to share - I scanned in the article and uploaded it to flickr so you can read it if you want! (just go to "all sizes"...)

I think this new work seems so much warmer, intimate and there in a way that contrasts with how her work usually makes a grand gesture about what isn't there anymore. Anyway - I really like the smaller scale and seeing all the little abandoned dollhouses lined up together waiting to have their second life...

the links!

...Here for wiki...
...Here at Tate Britain...
...Here at Luhring Augustine...
...A radio interview at the BBC...
...And videos and interactive stuff here at Ovation TV (the videos don't seem to be accessible but here and here are other ones I have found)...

She is a great sculptress. Check out all her stuff! I am really inspired by her work.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: