Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Some Stuff and Some Inspiration




I have kind of been fooling around with these images - trying out some different things with the fountain colors in the background and then these big heavy figures in front. I also kind of like making these weird shapes with the illustrator program (like in the last one) - the shapes always end up so perfect and flat! Because of the type the first two sketches look more like editorial design or book covers - but I really want to toy around more and see if I can come up with something as good as these free-form posters from the Mike Mills "Humans" project below:

I think they are really stunning...! They also kind of remind me of the background of this spread I did for the Worn Journal (the 2nd image from the top)...

No comments: