Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Some Things That Have Been On My Mind Lately



P and I have been eating nearly a doughnut a day at this great place down the street - I can't get enough of them! I am craving one right now...I also bought these little masks a while back and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. I took about a hundread photos of P and myself wearing them but they just look goofy - so now I am trying to hang them around on things and take photos which works a little better...

I found this illustrated invite by Alexey Brodovitch in this book - so great! The caption reads:

"Poster for the Bal Banal, 1924.
Produced on the occasion of a party for fellow Russian emigres in Paris, the Bal Banal poster was Brodovitch's first illustration to receive widespread recognition and acclaim. For Brodovitch, it marked the beginning of his design career."



The postcard of Woody Guthrie I found in a stationary shop - I kind of bought it for good luck - if you look closely on his guitar it has a little note that says - "This machine kills fascists"... P keeps saying that if we ever had a kid - no matter what it was named - he will only ever call it Woody. Here is a short clip of him playing...


No comments: