Saturday, September 29, 2007

Kind of Strange

(..to view larger click on image...)

This was one of the first things I made in design school way back in 2003 or 2004. Isn't it weird? But it has so many things I love! I think about it all the time. These are my favorite parts - the checkerboard photoshop clip art thing, the butterfly, the hand-drawn/collaged horse, the drawn hands of the blue boys the landscape in the background drawn with the computer mouse, and the edge of the paper in the top left with the drawing going over top....

Even though it is a bit strange and is maybe not totally pulled together - I think there are so many good ideas! And I like the mix of mediums...anyway...I hope I haven't lost my more experimental, arty-weird edge after design school, I will have to practice getting some of it back again...

The blue boy hands remind me of the hands in this video by Sofie Hannibal...

This video is great too...(the head kind of reminds me of the heads I drew and posted about here...)

Happy lazy Saturday!

No comments: