Monday, October 27, 2008

Iggy Pop













I am kind of fascinated with Iggy Pop at the moment. I think it is his incredible amount of raw energy. And aside from a few kind of ummmm....iggy-isms - he is totally articulate and weirdly charming in this documentary. I really believe that he did feel like he had something to give people - even if it wasn't done in the most conventional way. I also like the way he explained that his decision to make music and be a performer was a way to carve out his own future instead of falling into the the middle-class trap that the American Dream had set up for him. Not many people are so aware of their own fishbowl...

...here are a bunch of photos on my tumblr
(Mon. Oct 27)...
...and here are some great youtube videos (Sun. Oct 26)...

x

No comments: