Thursday, April 16, 2009

Grace Jones: The Interviews





I saw some Grace Jones album covers on the always amazing UUIUU! tumblr the other day and those really got me going - she is such a fascinating character! Of course she has been lodged somewhere in the back of my conciousness for a long time now, but I have never really thought about just what it is that is so cool about her (besides her impeccable sense of style). I think along the same lines as Iggy Pop she is a total one-off - someone just full of charisma and life and who truly could care less what people think. A real artist. I wish I could be her or just be friends with her. Although I doubt I could keep up.

There is also this really great interview with Joan Rivers from 1984 - it didn't have the embed link so have go the youtube page to view it but make sure you check it out!

Maybe I will do some more images of her next post - there are a million to sift through but I think it would be worth it.

xxx

No comments: