Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Joni Mitchell is My Hero







(...images from here, here, here, here, here and here...phew!)

There are a few things I have in common with Joni Mitchell which is maybe partly the reason I like her so much. We both grew up in Saskatchewan and lived in Saskatoon, and for one year Joni also went to the Alberta College of Art & Design in Calgary, Alberta. And before I cut my hair short I used to have long blonde hair just like her. In any case, I feel a real affinity towards her and think she is great and an amazingly talented musician, singer, songwriter and "derailed painter" as she calls herself.

Here and here and here are some videos of her playing music and singing - this is a little article about her - and here, here and here are some CBC archived audio and visual recordings...

Now you are set!

Happy Tuesday.

No comments: