Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sometimes Strange is Okay





So my satellite flickr site, Flower Delivery New York City, although it hasn't got much action lately, is still kind of a sweet spot for me. I always have a few photos that I really like but I just can't figure out where they fit in. It is like they are not good in the traditional sense, but I still get an interesting feel from them.

Sometimes they are straight up misfires, or
just plain weird, sometimes I do something to them like turn them upside down or make them black and white or duotone. I always enjoy this - taking the photo to another level, giving it more dimension. The only problem is I start to feel a bit split-personality. What do I want? A good solid regular photo, no questions asked, or these more ambiguous, mysterious images?

*

No comments: